“The eyes are the window to the soul.”
We are all aware that eye care is important but it’s often overlooked until we face serious vision problems. Visiting your doctor regularly for a comprehensive eye test is essential but there are other little things we can do to safeguard our eyes.
Have you ever pondered on simple lifestyle decisions that can influence your most indispensable sense? These tips will help you turn things around and embrace eye care with ease:
- Your eyes need sufficient light to read and write, work on the computer or watch television. In dim light, your eyes have to work harder than usual, causing strain.
- Often engrossed in your computer screen while working? Take a 15-minute break away from your computer every two hours, and rest your eyes every twenty minutes by looking around the room.
- Spectacles sharpen your vision but choosing the right pair is the key. Make sure your glasses are aligned with the right lenses and are always on. If you use contacts, remove your lenses before naps and give your eyes a break by wearing your spectacles once a week.
- Keep a safe distance while watching your favourite shows on the television to prevent eye fatigue and stress.
- Good nutrition fuels your eye health so make it a point to include Vitamin A-rich foods such as carrots, milk, eggs etc. in your meal plans.
No matter what age you may be, strive to be proactive when it comes to eye health. Your eyes are vulnerable and only you can be in charge of their safety and well-being!